Chiropractic Treatment for Joint Pain
Joints are parts of the body that hold two or more bones together. Joints are flexible to allow for the movement of the skeleton, and they include the shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees. Joint pain is a common condition, and it refers to soreness, discomfort, and aches in the joint areas. Cedar Springs Family Chiropractic offers remarkable care to patients suffering from joint pains.
What Causes Joint Pain?
Arthritis is one of the leading causes of joint pain. It is most common in adults above the age of 40 years. Joints commonly affected include the knees, hips, hands, and wrists. Joint pain resulting from arthritis is due to the disintegration of ligaments that serve as shock absorbers between bones.
Rheumatoid arthritis, which is more common in women than in men, causes joint deformation over time. It leads to the build-up of fluid in the joints, inflammation, and intense pain.
Other common causes of joint pain include tendon inflammation, infectious diseases such as hepatitis and mumps, the disintegration of the knee cap ligament, cancer, overuse of joints, and rickets.
Common Joint Pain Symptoms
You need to seek chiropractic care if you notice abnormal symptoms in your joints. The prevalent symptoms to check out for include:
- Swelling around the joint with a reddish appearance
- Persistent fever
- Intense pain lasting for more than three days
- Joint deformation
- Immobile joint
Joint Pain Diagnosis
Chiropractors detect joint pain by performing a physical examination, and they also ask questions to identify possible causes of the pain. X- Rays are also used to make a diagnosis. Medical practitioners use blood tests to identify autoimmune disorders. Sedimentation rate tests and complete blood count are used to measure the rate of inflammation.
Management and Treatment of Joint Pain
Joint pain can be constant and affect your well-being. It’s important to know that thereare various ways you can manage your joint pain. These include:
- During chiropractic care, anti-inflammatory drugs are used to reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Topical pain relievers are used to alleviate pain.
- It is essential to maintain safe physical exercise to keep the joints active and fit.
- Follow a healthy diet to keep your weight in check, and a manageable weight reduces stress on the joints, decreasing the chances of joint pains.
- Healthy practices such as getting a massage, enough rest, frequent stretching, and taking a warm bath also help manage joint pains.
Contact Us for Chiropractic Care for Your Joint Pain in Cedar Springs
You can seek chiropractic care at our Cedar Springs Family Chiropractic Care facility. Our chiropractors offer high-quality services at an affordable rate. Our team is committed to providing patients the care they need to live healthy and happy lives. Reach us on (616) 696-2688 to schedule your appointment.