Sports Injury Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention in Cedar Springs, MI
Calling all athletes! No matter what your skill level or preferred activity, sustaining a sports injury can be frustrating, especially if your injury holds you back in other areas of life, too. At Cedar Springs Family Chiropractic, Dr. Buck works with athletes of all ages and backgrounds. We're here to help you heal from a sports injury and avoid recurring issues so you can get back to the activities you love.
Types of Sports Injury We Treat
At our Cedar Springs chiropractic clinic, we care for a range of sports injuries, including neck pain, back pain, and extremity pain in the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, and ankle and foot. A few of the most common types of sports injury we see include:
- Whiplash and post-concussion syndromes
- Rotator cuff tears and labral tears
- Impingement syndrome
- Golfer's elbow and tennis elbow
- Runner's knee
- Shin splints
- Plantar fasciitis
- Lumbar radiculopathy
Sports Injury—Are You at Risk?
There is no such thing as a completely "risk-free" sport. However, certain activities, including full contact or high impact sports, water polo, racquetball, basketball, and running, tend to put athletes at greater risk of injury.
Some of the leading risk factors for sports injury we want all our athletes to be aware of include:
- Overtraining or inadequate recovery
- Poor nutrition and diet
- Improper technique
- Improper equipment
- Unhealed prior injuries (e.g., restricted mobility, muscle imbalances, old scar tissue, etc.)
How Our Cedar Springs Chiropractor Helps Injured Athletes
When you work with our Cedar Springs chiropractor for your sports injury, you'll work with a clinician who seeks to understand your goals, lifestyle, and unique demands of sport. Dr. Buck offers a range of holistic, drug-free services that will not only alleviate your sports injury symptoms but also help address the underlying causes and prevent recurring problems.
The following are a few of the most popular chiropractic care services we provide for athletes:
- Chiropractic adjustments (great for realigning the spine but also reinvigorating the nervous system for peak physical performance)
- Massage therapy
- Traction therapy (for relieving pressure on damaged spinal discs and nerves)
- Lifestyle counseling, including sleep habits, recovery tips, nutrition, and more!
Injured During Your Sport?
Don't let a nagging ache or pain get in the way of your training. If you live near Cedar Springs, MI and are looking for a chiropractor to help you level up your game, contact Cedar Springs Family Chiropractic at (616) 696-2688 to schedule an appointment today.